19 August 2012
Links to Love: Sweet treats and sunshine
Finally, finally, the sun is shining (hooray!) and, for once, it's not the weather to be indoors, slaving over a hot stove or crafting in front of a humming sewing machine.
Here are a few things I've stumbled across this week which might tempt you back inside. Enjoy!
- a delicious looking raspberry and frangipane tart, with honey and raspberry ice cream from Maddy at the British Larder
- just about the best birthday cake ever thanks to Whisk Kid
- a strange, but true cake-icing recipe which will change your life (seriously, I used yesterday it to ice the spectacular Whisk Kid rainbow cake and it was A-MAZING!)
- a neat trick to keep your G&T cool
- these lovely bottle hurricane lamps, to keep the candles flickering well into the evening.